If you follow me on instagram (which you should), it’s no secret that I LOVE food as much as (or more than?) I love clothes. If I had 3 magic wishes from a genie, one of them would for sure be “I wish I could eat anything I want for the rest of my life and never gain a pound.”
Since I don’t have a genie yet (please forward yours my contact info, because there are a few other things I’d like to ask for), I have to find healthy ways to eat the food I love – because God knows I can’t tame my tastebuds. So this morning, instead of sugary sweet buttery pancakes, which taste delicious but leave me feeling comatose and pre-diabetic, I whipped up a quick recipe of paleo pancakes that are equal parts healthy and delicious, i.e. gluten free, sugar free, GUILT FREE.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut flakes or coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat griddle or pan over medium heat. Put all ingredients in your BlendTec blender and blend until fully mixed and batter-like.
- Grease griddle or pan with coconut oil. Measure 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto griddle or pan. If you want to add fresh fruit (cue the blueberries) scatter them onto the pancakes now.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear, then flip.
- Serve with warm Grade B Maple Syrup (the rich amber kind that’s full of nutrients) and enjoy!