Hold on… couture sneakers? I’m in heaven! I, like most women, have a love/hate relationship with heels and I’ll be the first to admit relief at Mr. Lagerfeld’s consent to sporting athletic footwear as statement-making high-fashion gear. To me, they were the medium he used to communicate couture’s relevancy – it doesn’t have to be unattainable and stuffy – it can be fun, fresh, sprightly, and sporty.
The indomitable designer mixed both overtly feminine and masculine aesthetics featuring crop top/dress combos, strong-shouldered silhouettes with defined waistlines, and a rainbowy pastel structured dress accessorized with metallic knee and elbow pads (an outfit Yo-landi Vi$$er would definitely wear if only she were a little less zef). This entire collection explicitly expanded on (my favorite!) burgeoning trend of mixing high-low elements into an outfit.
See how you can get the look below!
1. TOPSHOP Petite Knitted Lace Hem Crop Jumper, $68
2. Alice + Olivia Lucia Cotton-Blend Lace Mini Skirt, $330
3. Nike Dunk Sky Hi Metallic Leather Wedge Sneakers, $270
4. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner, $20
1. Sunday Riley Modern Lip Color, French Nude, $32
2. Parker Rae Silk Beaded Top, $319
3. Paul & Joe Sister Sequinned Trouser, $184
4. Paul Green Lace Up Sneakers – Posh, $209
1. 3.1 Philip Lim Short Kimono Sleeve Moto Jacket, $595
2. Wildfox Over The Rainbow Lake House Knit T-Shirt Sunset, $223.5
3. 7 Chi Glitterati Sequin Backpack, $78
4. Jeffrey Campbell O-Quinn Platform Boot, $188
5. J Crew Factory Pencil Skirt, $64.50
1. Alice + Olivia Leonie Pleat Front Button Down Peasant Blouse, $208.80
2. Coast Skinny Sequin Scarf, $31
3. Sperry Top-Sider Cloud Logo CVO Sneaker, $60
4. J Brand Jeans Creamy White Mid Rise Skinny Corduroys, $125
Want to stay one step ahead? Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest and greatest delivered straight to your inbox.